Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Upgrading to VS2012

Last week I upgraded my IDE to Visual Studio 2012.  I do not regret this decision one bit.  Based on my experiences so far, I can safely say that I can stick with my opinion that Visual Studio is the one thing that Microsoft got very right.

I especially love the new Dark theme, which matches nicely with my chosen syntax color schemes and makes the program much less of an eyesore when working for many hours.

The upgrade took a full night, since I spent a lot of it refactoring my multiple libraries into one 'libnebulous', as well as recompiling all of my third party libraries using the new C++11 compiler which shipped with the program.

Now I am deep into the process of upgrading to DirectX 11, and I am starting to think it is going to take a long time.  A very long time indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment